Labels

vrijdag 17 mei 2024

166E - Whoopie! Sunny and warm!

 As the vegetables have done great on the balcony last year, I decided to repeat it.

Tomatoes and Tagetes

   I grow six different kinds of tomatoes (unfortunately I couldn't find the Green Zebra), with Tagetes in front. So far in Spring 2024 the weather has been very unkind to tomatoes: too cold, too wet and a rollercoaster besides - temperatures changed daily with as much as 10°C difference. But they are still alive, fingers crossed for tomatoes.
   There are Strawberries, Potatoes, one Gherkin (which I eat as a Cucumber), Celery and Salad leaves. Only A little of everything, for this is a smallish balcony.
The herbs (Sage, Moroccan Mint, Parsley and Thyme) are doing marvellously.
7th May 2024
Together with my cheerful annuals it is looking super nice.
In Hunky Dory the grass has been cut and the frog pond has been cleaned of that green snot, so you can see that the mini Waterlily is growing.
More and more plants are in flower, and the Desdemona rose is on the verge of whoopie šŸŒ¹, she is full of flowers and buds, see the photo somewhere below.
Broom and Wallflower

   My Wallflower has grown hugely in the past three years, but has also changed colour. No problem. Elsewhere, in the hot border I have a burnt orange one as well, hopefully it will become as large as the purple one. If you take a good look, you can spot the Verbena Bonariensis as well.
   This year I have a few Bearded Iris. Initially I thought my heavy clay unsuitable, but I adore them so much that I tried it regardless. Last year they only produced some leaves, but look! Oooh, I want more now!
Iris Siberica
In the orchard my wild flowers are showing. It makes trimming the grass a bit of A Thing, as I obviously don't want to mow them down. Last year I had some Wild Carrots; I really hope they have spread their seed around!
Wild Carrot

   Anyway, I noticed there are at least 3 Teasels there, and I have 2 more in the hot border. Bees and bumblebees love them, but secretly I hope for goldfinches. But there are wild Daisies, the tall variety, so sweet!
The Daisies (and trimmed grass)
   I am keeping the
Best for last: my 
beloved Desdemona.
Desdemona rose

   Have a
lovely
weekend

I've uploaded some extra photos  especially for you, so scroll on; one extra page of photos added.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

183E - Monsoon / publishing Boerenwormkruid

  Bloody hell,  was it a turn around, or what? Almost unbelievable that last Saturday evening I was sitting out on the Middelharnis waterfro...