Labels

dinsdag 29 juni 2021

12 - Dutch or English? Both, why not! Gardening is universal.

This blog started out in English, to correspond with my Instagram account where I have mostly international contacts. But to my amazement I have more countrymen reading it so far. And they told me they sometimes struggle with the English. So, easy quick solution: I'll use both languages.

And I have such good news! This morning I finally received an email that my long wait is over. There is an allotment waiting for me. At last! And just in time for my summer holidays, so that's super.
Now, things are not finalised, I still have to have The Talk with the board, but I am a die-hard optimist so it will all work out, I'm sure.

New garden coming up!

So not only will I keep you up to date with my balcony gardening, but you can follow the ups and downs of my allotment garden as well. Such fun!

 Omdat ik te horen kreeg dat mijn Nederlandse lezers soms wat moeite hebben met het Engels, lever ik gewoon een vertaling. Geen probleem!

En ik heb zulk goed nieuws! Vanochtend ontving ik een email dat het lange wachten voorbij is. Er is een volkstuin voor me beschikbaar. Eindelijk! En precies op tijd om mijn zomervakantie te vullen, dus dat is super.
Het is allemaal nog niet in kannen en kruiken, ik moet nog een 'intake' met de voorzitter van de toelatingscommissie (in goed Nederlands, hahaha), maar onverbeterbare optimist die ik ben weet ik zƩker dat het goed komt.



Een nieuwe tuin komt er aan!

Dus ik blijf jullie niet alleen op de hoogte houden van mijn balkontuin, maar nu ook van alles rondom mijn nieuwe echte tuin. Dat wordt leuk!

Je kunt via Instagram nog veel meer lezen/you can read more about my garden @songsmith2962 



2 opmerkingen:

  1. Allotment!!šŸ‘šŸ‘I'm not sure what this means for you! Thinking it's a bigger garden to play in?..More space then your porch to grow your lovelys?..Maybe a completely new apartment all together on the ground level for you and'Puck'the dog? Whatever this means, you sound excited and you're about to update us all about it real soon! Can't wait to hear more. Congratulations.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. It simply means I get a plot in an allotment society approx. 5 minutes cycling from my flat. I will plant veg, herbs, and fruit amongst the flowers. Hopefully it will have a shed there already. Cannot wait! I'll post about it very soon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

183E - Monsoon / publishing Boerenwormkruid

  Bloody hell,  was it a turn around, or what? Almost unbelievable that last Saturday evening I was sitting out on the Middelharnis waterfro...